www.palbrick.com - www.palbrick.co.uk
Index - Type History -
Other Projects: 'Conflat A' B737695
I acknowledge the help of the following books, articles and individuals,
without which not only would this website not be what it is, but the
restoration project would also be far more difficult.
- P. Bartlett / D. Larkin / T. Mann / R. Silsbury / A. Ward:
'An Illustrated History of BR Wagons, Volume One'
Published by OPC (1985). ISBN 0-86093-203-6.
- R. Butcher:
'British Rail Internal Users'
Published by SCT Publishing (1992). ISBN 1 872768 09 1.
- J. Dickinson:
'BR Freight Stock (B125611 - B955247)'
Published by SCT Publishing (1994). ISBN 1 872768 11 3.
- Although out of date, these two books have proved
useful in identifying some of the survivors.
- B. Grant / B. Taylor:
'British Railway Wagons - Their Loads And Loading'
Published by Silver Link Publishing (2001). ISBN 1 85794 205 1.
- D. Rowland:
'British Railways Wagons - The First Half Million'
Published by David & Charles (1985). ISBN 0 7153 8183 0.
- P. Tatlow:
Published by Pendragon Partnership (1998). ISBN 1 899816 05 4.
- This book includes photographs of the 50T brick
wagons built by the GNR/LNER.
- Model Railways Constructor, August 1958.
'Palbrick A' Article by E. B. Trotter.
- GDW 3 [JD Model Railway Consultants], October 1981.
Palbrick fleet list by Jean Farrow/David Larkin.
- Paul Bartlett (for inforomation and photographs)
- David Bladen (EWS) (for information and drawings)
- John Brooks (GCR Windcutter group) (for advice)
- Emma Gamble (for occasional help)
- John Gatehouse (for delivering the wagon)
- Martin Hall (ICRS) (for information)
- Antony King (for helping to fix my PC when I thought the Linux
filesystem had gone up in smoke and taken the website with it!)
- Dave Larkin (for information)
- David Monk-Steel (for information including 'Palbrick A' drawing)
- Mike Mountford (for occasional help)
- Simon Nicholson (for occasional help)
- Jon Plowright (Freightliner) (for information)
- Richard Salmon (Bluebell Railway) (for advice)
- Shawn Sanders (GCR) (for physical help, photographs - and
- David Sharpe (ICRS) (for information)
- Craig Stinchcombe (GCR) (for sandblasting the works plate)
- Kevin & Jacqui Thomas (GCR) (for copies of articles)
- Nick Tinsley (GCR) (for help and advice)
- David Turnock (CVR) and his Dad (for help with sourcing paint to
the correct BR specification, arranging for a new trunion, and
finding a vacuum cylinder)
- Alan Watson (NTHC) for arranging for the casting of replica
- Richard Westwood (for occasional help)
- David Williams (Marcroft) (for information)
- And of course the Great
Central Railway for providing a home.
I apologise if I've missed anyone! Please write and tell me.
Return to index
Last Modified: 13.03.09